Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas 2013

Joy's words...Thanks Scott for letting me use your blog.
All of our children and grandchildren came home for the holidays this year...what a gift, that's all I needed this year for Christmas.  For 1 1/2 days we had all 16 in the house with us!  Can you believe we had 18 people in this house...that includes 8 grandchildren ranging from a freshman in high school to 4 months.
They started arriving on the 20th and our son, wife and babies just left this morning.  What a crazy, busy wonderfully full season.
Each one of our children touch my life in a different way and I am so fortunate that they chose to spend their Christmas Day away from their homes even though 3 of the 4 have children and weren't home for Christmas morning.

Thurston, our 2/12 year old

Wren, our 4-month old

My oldest grandkids, Mason Madasyn and Karly
Lauren, Ethan and Addie getting some PopPop
love early one morning.

Please indulge me as I mention a few highlights:
I was completely overwhelmed on Christmas Day by the gifts I received from my children and grandchildren...it seemed this year they chose to focus their gifts on me.  From pictures of their families, keepsakes of babies handprint and footprints, the first woodworking project of my oldest grandson and the debut of our youngest daughters choice to create a cup of "hope" in honor of our journey as a family this year through Breast Cancer. Check out her pottery site at bas.pottery.com
Family pictures were also a gift that we were able to have this year.  Christina Jonas came to our home December 26th and shot about two hours of family photos.  I will share those pictures as I am able so you all can see our beautiful family.
I will treasure all of these gifts and surround myself with daily reminders of them to remember the last 11days. Thank you so much to all my children for making the effort, traveling with your families which at their young ages is sometimes a real hassle.  It meant the world to me, memories I will never forget.
Thank you Scott for helping me create this beautiful family.  Almost Twenty-four years ago we started this journey and while we have had some tough times the end result is great...the last 11days tell the beautiful story of our journey as a family to create what we have today.  To all 17 of you...my love will last forever!

1 comment:

  1. Joy so thankful that your family was able to be together for Christmas. I know that being with them was the only gift that you truly wanted or needed. Praying for God's blessings to cover you in 2014. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete